Living Expense Grant
StringsforaCURE provides a one-time Living Expense grant to patients based on financial need to help ease the financial burden during the patient’s cancer journey.
- Applicant must be a breast cancer patient who is a U.S. citizen and permanent resident of the U.S. and a full-time resident who lives within a 60-mile radius of Erie, PA.
- Patient must complete and submit a Living Expense Grant application, including all required information, documentation and signatures.
- The grant is awarded based on financial need.
- Income guidelines are not disclosed.
- Eligibility is determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Supporting documentation may be submitted as a proof of extenuating circumstances.
- All bills submitted for consideration must include the breast cancer patient’s name on the account.
- The award period for the grant is July 1- June 30 with budget reevaluation at the beginning of each fiscal year.
- The maximum amount of the grant is $1,800 per person.
- If you have applied for and received a Medical Assistance Grant from StringsforaCURE, you are not eligible to apply for a Living Expense Grant.
The grant is for use only on the following types of expenses:
- Mortgage – the mortgage bill must include the breast cancer patient’s name on the account.
- Rent Payments – a current lease which includes the breast cancer patient’s name must be submitted.
- Car Payments – the car payment bill must include the breast cancer patient’s name on the account.
- Car Insurance Payments – the car insurance bill must include the breast cancer patient’s name on the account.
- Utility (Gas, Electric, Water, Sewer, Refuse) Payments – the utility bills must include the breast cancer patient’s name on the account.
- Health Insurance Premium Payments – the health insurance bill must include the breast cancer patient’s name or the breast cancer patient must submit a copy of his or her insurance card.
This grant is for living expenses only, such as rent, mortgage, utilities, and insurance payments, NOT for medical, gas, grocery or pharmacy expenses or non-essential living expenses, such as phone, cable, Direct TV, etc.
Payment of Grant:
The breast cancer patient will be required to submit the following with the application in order for the application to be considered:
- Letter from the physician treating or following up on the patient’s breast cancer diagnosis
- Copy of patient’s photo ID with current address
- Name of the creditor(s) for which assistance is requested
- Amount of financial assistance requested
- Copy of the bill(s) with the amount due from the creditors (such as a mortgage company, rental agency, car loan and/or insurance company, utility provider, health insurance provider.) The bill must include the breast cancer patient’s name on the accounts.
- Statement about how the patient will benefit from the StringsforaCURE Medical Assistance Grant (The information will be used by StringsforaCURE to publicize how patients benefit from these grants.)
If a patient’s grant application is approved, payment will be made directly to the patient’s creditors on behalf of the patient. The original bill(s) will be required in order for StringsforaCURE to make the payment.
- SFAC reserves the right to contact you to verify that the accuracy of the information provided.
- Incomplete or old applications will not be processed.
- Approval of the grant is made by the SFAC board of directors.
- An application may be put on hold, pending the availability of funds.
- Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing.
- All personal patient information is considered confidential.
Please submit an application only if you meet all of the eligibility requirements above.
Do you live within 60 miles of Erie, PA? If you answered “No” – do NOT fill out his application!
Click here to download and print the most current Living Expense Grant application.