Gift Card Grant Program
Please read carefully as our qualification and documentation requirements have changed.
The application has been revised. Always download the most current Gift Card Application!
StringsforaCURE® provides $100 gas, grocery and pharmacy gift cards to provide support and to help ease the burden during the patient’s cancer journey. Breast cancer patients are eligible to receive a total of two gift cards within an eighteen (18) month period. When eligible for the second Gift Card (a minimum of 6 months after receipt of the first gift card) the patient must complete a new Gift Card application to request the next one.
Will you consider making a donation?
StringsforaCURE is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that depends upon support from its donors to continue to fund all of its programs. The Gift Card Program is our largest and most popular program that helps patients across the country. If you are applying for a gift card or you are a relative or healthcare provider assisting a breast cancer patient with the application, please consider making a donation of any amount so that StringsforaCURE can continue to provide this valuable program. Your tax-deductible donation of any amount will help to cover the cost of a $100 gift card and will be acknowledged on the StringsforaCURE Online Virtual Quilt.
Gift cards are currently available for breast cancer patients who are U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the USA providing the patient meets the qualification requirements below. We focus on helping breast cancer patients.
To qualify for your first StringsforaCURE Gift Card for gas, grocery or pharmacy, you must meet the following requirements:
- New breast cancer diagnosis or a diagnosis of a recurrence within the last year.
- Currently in active treatment for the new breast cancer diagnosis or recurrence.
Active treatment is defined as the period after a positive breast cancer diagnosis has been determined (i.e. diagnostic biopsy) and during which therapies are being administrated, including:
- Surgical procedures (i.e. single or bi-lateral mastectomy, lumpectomy, axillary dissection, or sentinel node biopsy) followed by Chemotherapy, Radiation, and/or Clinical Trials
- Clinical Trials
[For the purposes of a Gift Card application, long-term hormonal therapies (i.e. Tamoxifen, Fareston, Arimidex, Aromasin, Femara, Zoladex / Lupron, Megace, and Halotestin) are NOT considered ACTIVE treatment.]
If you are applying for a second gift card and you are finished with your treatments, then you will need to provide a letter from your oncologist or breast cancer surgeon, who is doing your 6 month follow ups. As a second time gift card applicant:
- You already received a gas, grocery or pharmacy gift card from StringsforaCURE within the last 6-12 months.
- You are participating in 6 month follow-ups with either your oncologist or breast cancer surgeon.
PLEASE NOTE!! The Gift Card Application has been revised. There is a new requirement to provide specific documentation to help verify your cancer diagnosis.
In order to confirm your diagnosis, first time applicants must submit the following documentation with your application:
- Signed letter from physician treating the cancer indicating the diagnosis and that you are in active treatment.
- Treatment plan/schedule from the facility where you are being treated that includes your name and the plan or schedule for your active treatment(s).
If this is your second gift card request and you are no longer receiving treatment, then you must provide the following:
- Signed letter from your medical oncologist or your breast cancer surgeon indicating your diagnosis and that you are under his/her follow-up care.
Click here to download and print the most current Gift Card application.
The application must be filled out completely, signed by the patient and the diagnosis must be verified by a healthcare professional in order to qualify for the foundation’s services.
StringsforaCURE does not mail out gift card applications. Please see your social worker, breast care navigator or physician for assistance with downloading the most current application from the StringsforaCURE website.
- SFAC reserves the right to contact you to verify that the information provided is accurate.
- Incomplete or old applications will not be processed.
- An application may be put on hold, pending the availability of funds.
- Gift Card applications are processed in the order received. Please allow 8-10 weeks for processing.
- Please do not contact us to check on the status of your application because we are busy processing all of the applications we receive!