What Does StringsforaCURE® Do?
The money raised by the StringsforaCURE® foundation is used to provide education, comfort, support and financial assistance directly to cancer patients, primarily those with breast cancer.
StringsforaCURE offers the following to cancer patients, primarily those with breast cancer. Click into each program to see if you qualify and to download the application.
- Gift Card Grant Program – $100 gas, grocery and pharmacy gift cards for breast cancer patients who are in active treatment, to help ease your financial burden. The grant period for submitting applications to the StringsforaCURE Gift Card Grant Program will be closed temporarily starting on June 30, 2017. The program will re-open on or around October 1, 2017.
- Medical Assistance Grant – for breast cancer patients who live within a 60 mile radius of Erie, PA, provides financial assistance for specific medical needs as directed by the patient’s physician.
- Living Expense Grant – for breast cancer patients who live within a 60 mile radius of Erie, PA, provides financial assistance for expenses such as mortgage or rent, car or car insurance payments, or utilities.
- Education Scholarship – a $1,000 Educational Scholarship intended to help a student from an Erie County, PA high school, charter school or home school that has been touched by a breast cancer diagnosis.
- Comfort baskets – beautiful baskets containing bathrobes, slippers, pajamas, throws, candles, beauty and/or hair products based on the recipient’s interests are for breast cancer patients in Erie, PA
- Purse Strings – a care package in a hand-made purse filled with hand-selected items to brighten the day of a cancer patient. These are for breast cancer patients.
- Books – educational books related to cancer prevention and cancer treatment, diagnosis and wellness. These are for cancer patients.
- Breast Cancer Tips – online list of Elisa’s personal tips for dealing with a breast cancer diganosis as well as support programs, books and other resources.
- Resource Guide – online guide listing the support programs available to cancer patients.