What Does StringsforaCURE® Do?
The money raised by the StringsforaCURE® Foundation is used to provide education, comfort, financial assistance and emotional support directly to breast cancer patients. Most of our Programs are for breast cancer patients who live within a 60 mile radius of Erie, PA
StringsforaCURE offers the following Programs to breast cancer patients. Click into each program to see if you qualify and to download the application.
- Gift Card Grant Program – $100 gas, grocery and pharmacy gift cards for breast cancer patients who are in active treatment, to help ease your financial burden. The grant period for submitting applications to the StringsforaCURE Gift Card Grant Program is now OPEN! Be sure to download the latest application directly from the Gift Card Grant page. Only the most current application will be accepted.
- Medical Assistance Grant – for breast cancer patients who live within a 60 mile radius of Erie, PA, provides financial assistance for specific medical needs as directed by the patient’s physician.
- Living Expense Grant – for breast cancer patients who live within a 60 mile radius of Erie, PA, provides financial assistance for expenses such as mortgage or rent, car or car insurance payments, or utilities.
- Educational Scholarship – two $1,500 Educational Scholarships intended to help students from an Erie County, PA high school, charter school or home school that have been touched by a breast cancer diagnosis.
- Comfort baskets – beautiful baskets containing bathrobes, slippers, pajamas, throws, candles, beauty and/or hair products based on the recipient’s interests are for breast cancer patients in Erie, PA
- Books – educational books related to cancer prevention and cancer treatment, diagnosis and wellness. These are for cancer patients.
- Breast Cancer Tips – online list of elisa’s personal tips for dealing with a breast cancer diganosis as well as support programs, books and other resources.
- Resource Guide – online guide listing the support programs available to cancer patients.